13 September 2007

day two

Today shall mark the second official day of my gluten-free diet. How long said regimen will last, I cannot say.

Yesterday I enjoyed:
Breakfast - an organic black plum and organic single-shot 12-oz pumpkin pie soy latte
Lunch - a gluten-free vegan burger with tomatoes, onions, pickles, cheddar cheese, and ketchup wrapped in a leaf or two of Romaine lettuce, corn on the cob, and potato salad
Dinner: quinoa tabouli, baked cod, and green beans with feta and pine nuts

Boy, was that good. And for breakfast this morning? One poached home-laid egg on organic gluten free toast. And another organic black plum.

I could get used to this. So far, no regrets...

In case you're wondering why I'm on a gluten-free diet, I am just remembering words said to me by my naturopath when I was little. Well, more like the general idea. I don't actually remember his words. He told me that I was sensitive to wheat, and that it was causing me to break out in eczema. While I grew out of my eczema as a teenager, it is back with a vengeance in the last few years and I am prepared to give up the bread, cookies, cakes, pies, pizzas, and other fine things to which I've become accustomed in order to see if it helps. Who knows? Maybe it will. And I'm a pretty good baker. I can make all those things without wheat.

You just wait. You'll see.

No comments: